Producers Robyn & Aubrieana put together a couple of delicious fall treats. The recipes are listed below, and you can watch the video here.
Seasonal Cake Pops
- Pre made cake
- Cake pop sticks
- Microwaveable candy melts
- Decorative icing
- Mash a large premade cake into a mixing bowl
- Add icing until cookie dough texture
- Roll into small balls
- Chill in fridge for 15 minutes
- Add food coloring to a bowl with candy melts, microwave candy melts in microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until smooth and almost liquid.
- Stir nicely and dip the ends of the cake pop sticks into chocolate and then insert into chilled cake balls, then dip chilled cake pops until completely covered or cover as you desire.
- Decorate while hot and place on to tear away wax paper, and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Use decorative icing to make designs on your cake pops.
Spooky Candy Apples
- Food coloring
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cookie sticks
- Candy thermometer
- Wax paper
Place 1 ⅓ cups of sugar, ½ cup water, and 1 tsp of salt in a large sauce pan
- Stir well and bring to a boil
- Once the sugar mixture reaches 250 degrees and is golden brown pour in add your choice of food coloring into 8 ounces of heavy whipping cream and shake well
- Add the colored whipping cream into the mixture and stir together
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl and stir often until the mixture reaches 115 degrees, while you are waiting for apples to cool, rinse apples and place cookie sticks through their cores
- Dip apples while holding the stick and twist in mixture and cover apples in caramel to your desire
- Decorate your apples with sprinkles or decorations of your choice while hot and place on tear away wax paper to dry for 15 minutes.